How it Works
Catch Personal Loans has a simple 5-step process for you to access your unsecured personal loan. The application process takes approximately 10 minutes, and in most cases you’ll have a decision on your application within a few hours. You could have the funds deposited into your bank account within 72 hours.
1Read eligibility criteria 2 minutes
2Get your personalised rate 3 minutes
3Full application 10 minutes
4Send and upload documentation 1 day
5funds deposited 3 days
How do i get my rate upfront
- Complete some basic details.
- Catch connects to a credit bureau to obtain your credit file.
- Based on the credit file, our algorithms will determine an interest rate based on your credit history.
- Catch provide our best offer to you.
- You accept the offer and start an application.
Why Catch Personal Loans?
We provide a range of flexible personal loans designed to suit your needs.
How Can I Check If I Am Eligible for a Catch Personal Loan?
However, you are able to assess yourself against our eligibility criteria, which you can check on this page.
How Do I Apply for a Loan?
First, check our eligibility criteria to see if you’re able to apply for a loan.
Once you’re happy that you’re eligible, you can get your rate before you apply , then decide whether you wish to proceed to a full application from there.
It takes just two minutes to get your rate, and your full application can be completed online or over the phone with a Catch personal loan advisor, and will take a further 10 minutes.
When you apply for a Catch personal loan, ensure you have your required documents ready in case we need to see them, as this will speed up the process.
How Long Does It Take for Catch Personal Loans to Fund my Personal Loan?
How quickly your loan is funded depends on how quickly you’re able to get your requested documents to us. You can see what these are on our eligibility criteria page . Have these ready when you apply and in some cases we can fund your loan within 72 hours, subject to approval.
How Long Does It Take to Get Approved for My Loan?
All Catch personal loan applications are individually reviewed and assessed by one of our Australia-based personal loan advisors, and on average this process takes between four and five hours.
I Can’t Obtain a Rate, What Can I Do?
This is not common, however to get the personal loan application process moving you can call us on
What Documents Will I Need to Provide?
- The ID documents used in your application. If we need to see these, we’ll ask you to provide a copy of the front and the back of the documents. We accept a passport or a driving licence in conjunction with Medicare card as forms of ID.
- Proof of your employment and income, such as your recent payslips.
- Details and proof of any current debts. This includes existing personal loans, any store or credit cards you hold, and if you have access to and use an overdraft facility on your bank account.
- Proof of your address, such as a utility bill.
- Details of your regular rent or mortgage payment.
Your personal loan advisor will be in touch to advise what specific documents you need to provide as we assess your application.
In addition to our required and accepted documentation, you can view our eligibility criteria here .
Why Am I Not Eligible for a Personal Loan?
We take this approach as we believe it’s better than undertaking a full credit enquiry, which may impact your credit score and make it more difficult for you to obtain credit should you not be eligible for a Catch personal loan.
If you are not eligible for a Catch Personal Loan, either due to not meeting our eligibility criteria or following an attempt to get your rate , we recommend checking your credit file and ensuring this is correct and up to date, and ensuring you exhibit good financial and credit use behaviours to help improve your credit score before enquiring again.
Why Do You Need My Personal Details and How Safe Are They?
Your personal details are required so we can communicate with the credit reference agencies to obtain your credit score and give you a personalised interest rate, tailored to you. This ensures you get the interest rate you deserve and not a “catch all” interest rate like some of the banks offer.